Senior Financial Analyst
Job Overview: Senior Financial Analyst will have the opportunity to support various departments within HSF including, Originations, Underwriting, and Capital Markets. HSF construction and bridge loans are collateralized by commercial real estate that include hotel, multifamily, office, retail, and industrial.
- Work closely with loan officers on prescreening and underwriting commercial real estate lending opportunities. Duties include performing real estate evaluations, guarantor analysis, market research, and preparing preliminary deal packages.
- Identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow, the property’s ability to cover debt service, collateral adequacy, and the ability of guarantor to support the proposed credit exposure.
- Conduct market data analyses provided through CoStar, STR Report, Trepp.
- Perform due diligence and assist Underwriters in the preparation of Credit Approval Memos for presentation to Loan Committee.
- Assist Capital Markets team with the composition of leveraged loan finance packages for bank partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, or Business.
- 2 to 3 years of commercial real estate experience, preferably in financing and/or underwriting.
- Balance sheet lending experience with bridge and construction loans, a plus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding of model metrics that include loan sizing, loan structuring, calculating projected income, DSCR, global cash flow, and loan to value ratios.
- Strong ability to research and navigate third-party market information platforms (CoStar, Trepp, STR Report)
- Detail oriented, highly organized, with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as analytical, mathematical, and reasoning skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail.
Please email all qualified resumes to Human Resources Manager, Krystle Peña, email@example.com.