Asset Manager – Construction
Hall Structured Finance (HSF), a private real estate finance company, provides construction, gap and bridge financing to entrepreneurial real estate owners and developers for new construction, renovations and repositioning of various commercial real estate projects that are underserved by institutional capital markets, with an emphasis on the hospitality sector.
Hall Structured Finance is seeking to hire a construction management professional / loan asset manager with a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience to help achieve its business goals. The position will include construction management, underwriting, financial analysis, excel modeling, and preparation of internal loan recommendations for presentation and review by senior executives. Candidates must be a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or relevant equivalent experience.
HSF is an affiliate and subsidiary of the Hall Group, a diversified group of companies with holdings that exceed $2 billion with primary companies focused on real estate development, ownership, and management, real estate lending, as well as vineyards and wineries.
Job duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist with aspects of construction management on behalf of HSF as a lender to 3rd parties on real estate development projects securing HSF loans.
- Involvement in projects during their entire development life cycle. Beginning with working with company executives and 3rd party consultants prior to loan closing (and at the end of the borrower’s predevelopment period) in the evaluation of the perspective borrower’s development budget and plans, underwriting of the general contractors’ capabilities, and review of the contractor contracts. Post loan closing job duties will involve continued monitoring of the progress as to each collateral property under construction as to its development timeline and budget.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Underwriting / Due Diligence
- Review of each project’s development budget and construction timeline. Working with developers and construction consultants related to validating and reviewing the “costing” of the overall project prior to commencement of construction,
- Review and coordinate with legal counsel the review of major construction proposals and contracts.
- Assist with review and evaluation of the design, and contractors’ experience and ability to complete the project.
- Review construction consultant’s project assessment report to identify any potential details that would increase lender risk.
- Review environmental reports to identify any concerns with the project site.
- Monitor general contractor performance for quality assurance and adherence to contractual obligations
- Track expenditures and job progress for conformance to budget and schedule to ensure each project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review 3rd party monthly construction status reports provided by Lenders consultant identifying the progress of each phase and any issues affecting the Project
- Review all loan requests / pay applications and change orders.
- Monitor receipt and renewal of required permits and approvals.
- Occasional travel to site visits will be required.
- Monitor Project closeout (i.e. final contract payments, lien waivers, etc.).
- Monitor receipt of municipal sign offs (C of O).
- Proactively monitor each loan/project in terms of borrower and asset performance, including quantitative analysis and underwriting to be utilized in recommendations for presentation to senior executives when modifications to existing loan terms are needed.
Skills and experience include ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction documents, contracts, financial and budget reports, and technical documents. Also, the ability to write reports, and effectively present information and respond to questions from executive management. The successful candidate will need to be competent in using Microsoft Office products including Excel software. In addition, knowledge in permitting, review and inspection processes are important.
Job Location: Dallas (downtown), Texas
Talented, driven, team who work closely together. This is a great place to be able to contribute and impact investment decisions, grow in your knowledge and abilities, and receive compensation according to your contributions.
VICE PRESIDENT / SENIOR DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER
The HALL Group, a 50 plus year-old Dallas based company whose primary business activities include real estate development, management and leasing, commercial real estate lending through its affiliate HALL Structured Finance, vineyards and winery operations though its affiliate HALL Wines, and private equity and venture capital investments, is seeking a seasoned Senior Development Project Manager in connection with the company’s commercial office, hotel, and multi-unit high rise residential development activities. The HALL Group is currently under construction and/or in active predevelopment on nearly $1 billion of development projects in the Dallas metroplex.
• Oversight of the general contractor, engineers, architects and other consultants
• Delivery of projects on time and on budget
• Contract administration
• Project scheduling
• Coordination with management operation personnel
• Oversee site entitlements, and lead and manage network of engineers, architects and other consultants in guiding each project through its city and governmental approvals process to obtain all permits/approvals required for a project
• Manage project scoping and budgeting
• Manage all aspects of each project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated including but not limited to critical dates
• Manage design consultants within the parameters of the site plan, budget, owner criteria and local codes
• Manage the bidding and budget process with the design team and general contractors
• Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified
Qualifications – We are seeking candidates with 10 or more years of relevant experience in land development, construction, architecture and/or civil engineering. The successful candidate should have the following qualifications: self-starter, strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and good written and verbal communication skills. This position has a high degree of visibility and exposure to the executive level within the company.
Education – BS degree in Engineering, Project Management, Real Estate Development, Construction or related field; BS Civil Engineering Experience a plus.
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities in order to consistently meet deadlines
• Familiar with commercial construction building codes, energy codes, barrier free codes, etc.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and project management software
• Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgement
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences from executive leadership to team and project members
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
Work Environment – Talented, driven group of associates who work closely as a team. Successful candidates will quickly have the opportunity to contribute to and impact company operations, grow in your knowledge and abilities, and receive compensation according to your contributions.
Benefits – The HALL Group provides a full complement of benefits, including a bonus program, health, dental and vision insurance, including HSA and FSA plans, 401(k) with employer-matching, life insurance and an allowance for fitness memberships.
Corporate Office Location – Dallas Arts District (downtown Dallas), Texas (HQ), and HALL Park, Frisco, Texas
If values and community responsibility are important factors for you in choosing a place to work, and if you hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in your job performance, this position may be a good fit for you.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
TAX MANAGER / SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
The HALL Group, a 50 plus year-old company, located in downtown Dallas, whose primary business activities
include real estate development, management and leasing, commercial real estate lending through its
affiliates HALL Structured Finance, vineyards and winery operations through its affiliate HALL Wines, and
private equity and venture capital investments, is seeking to hire a Tax Manager/Senior Tax Accountant.
Responsibilities / Opportunity – Responsibilities to include a wide range of tax reporting and tax analysis
functions related to the company’s business activities and those of its affiliated entities. Responsibilities to
include federal and state tax preparation for Corporations, S- Corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and similar
flow-through entities. Specific job duties include maintaining tax records/books, preparation of multiyear
tax projections and financial analysis, perform tax research, preparation of estimate tax payment
calculations, and working with outside tax legal counsel and advisors. This position has exposure to senior
and executive management.
Requirements – We are seeking candidates with 8 or more years of relevant experience in tax accounting.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications: CPA certification a plus, self-starter, strong
attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to multi-task, advanced Excel skills, good
communication skills and experience working with the business owners.
Work Environment – Talented, driven group of associates who work closely as a team. Successful
candidates will quickly have the opportunity to contribute and impact company operations, grow in your
knowledge and abilities, and receive compensation according to your contributions.
Benefits – The HALL Group provides a full complement of benefits, including a bonus program, health, dental
and vision insurance, including HSA and FSA plans, 401(k) with employer-matching, life insurance and an
allowance for fitness memberships.
Job Location – Dallas Arts District (downtown Dallas), Texas
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to email@example.com
Hall Structured Finance (HSF) provides construction, gap and bridge financing to entrepreneurial real
estate owners and developers for new construction, renovations and repositioning of various
commercial real estate projects that are underserved by institutional capital markets, with an emphasis
on the hospitality sector. HSF was listed as the top non-bank hotel construction lender in the U.S. for
2018 by Real Capital Analytics
HSF is a division of the Hall Group (HG). HG is comprised of a diversified group of companies with
holdings that exceed $2 billion focused in real estate development, ownership, and management, real
estate lending, venture capital and private equity, and vineyards and wineries.
HSF is seeking to hire a real estate finance professional with 2 to 7 years of relevant experience to
help achieve its business goals. The position will be heavily weighted toward underwriting, financial
analysis, excel modeling in connection with reviewing loan opportunities and preparation of internal
loan recommendations for presentation and review by senior executives. Candidates must be a
college graduate with a degree in real estate, finance, and/or accounting.
Job duties / Responsibilities:
• Successful candidates will work side by side with HSF commercial real estate loan
originators, asset managers and compliance officers in underwriting loan opportunities.
Specific duties will include:
- Market research and analysis,
- Supply/demand analysis
- Competitive property analysis
- Identification and quantification of local demand generators
- Due diligence and underwriting of the perspective Borrowers and project teams
- Providing financial projections and analysis relating to the perspective collateral
- Preparation of comprehensive written internal loan recommendations for presentation
and review by HSF’s executive committee
Job Location: Downtown Dallas, Texas
Education and/or Experience:
Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, and/or accounting.
Ability to balance varied projects, and possess strong analytical, research, verbal and written
communication skills. Successful candidate will need to be proficient in Excel, Word, and Power
Team comprised of talented, committed, and driven people who work closely as a team. This is a
great place to learn quickly, grow in your knowledge and abilities, and receive compensation
according to your contributions.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org