MEET THE TEAM
Get to know our dynamic HALL Group team in our “Meet the Team” series.
Meet Helen Rivero, our Executive Vice President of Asset Management and Operations at HALL Group. Helen has over 30 years of real estate experience with a strong background in commercial real estate investment management, as well as a strong leadership history, having been recognized as GlobeSt.com’s Best Bosses of 2021.
Most recently, Ms. Rivero was an executive at Gemini Rosemont, where she oversaw an office portfolio spanning millions of square feet and a team of nearly 80 individuals. Prior to that, she was selected by Morgan Stanley, during their acquisition of Crescent Real Estate, to be the Vice President and Crescent Officer, and was responsible for a multi-billion portfolio of assets comprised of a joint venture between Crescent, J.P. Morgan, and GE.
1. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF WORK?
- I enjoy riding my horse every weekend. I ride in a dressage saddle and enjoy the training process to eventually ride in perfect harmony and balance with my horse.
2. TELL US A SURPRISING OR FUN FACT ABOUT YOU.
- I enjoy the physical labor of working in the yard, the barn, the garden. When the weather is bearable, I can spend all day outside enjoying this labor of love.
3. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT TEXAS OR AN AREA YOU’VE LIVED IN?
- Texas has the friendliest people. I also enjoy all of the Dallas sports teams and love watching college football.
4. WHAT’S THE BEST ADVICE YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?
- Early in your career, become analytically proficient. Volunteer for a variety of projects, small and large, learn every aspect of the key jobs within the company. Most importantly, treat every team member with the same respect you would show the executive team.
5. WHO INSPIRES YOU OR HAS BEEN A MENTOR IN YOUR LIFE?
- I have learned from every boss I have had during the last 30 years. They instilled the advantages of an analytical background, strong work ethic, continuous improvement in technology, and a style of servant leadership.
6. WHAT SORT OF DUTIES DO YOU HAVE AT WORK?
- Team leader to facilitate Asset Management, Marketing, and Operations.
7. WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT WHAT YOU DO?
- Every day is different, challenging, and exciting. I enjoy every asset type and working with the dedicated on-site teams that take care of our customers and our assets.
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY FROM WORKING AT HALL?
- I love the camaraderie of the Friday Happy Hour. During my first week, Craig casually poured me a glass of Craig’s Cabernet Sauvignon. His graciousness and humility are so inspiring. I will remember the experience forever.